Saturday, January 29, 2005

Anger Mismanagement

I have been in a pissy mood lately. I go to therapy for this sort of thing. Sometimes I just get in a funk and I don't know why. Talking it through with my therapist and with others in a group seems to help. It had better... I get so mad I could hurt someone or get hurt myself. Yelling at somebody I don't know, who could have a knife or gun, is quite dangerous these days. I hope I can continue to ease my rage and eventually stop it altogether. It is a slow but important process involving lots of complex subconscious stuff. I finally figured out one of the causes of my latest rampage. Johnny Carson. I'm serious. Johnny goes and dies and I get upset. Not because I knew him personally or anything. But because he represented the good old days to me. The good old days which now are changed forever. Yeah, I know Carson retired over ten years ago. But now he's dead and there's no hope for a comeback. Change and the finality of death suck. Taxes, too. But as somebody once said... they're the only sure things in life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can actually relate to that...when a great entertainer dies, everything they did seems to die along with them...that happens to me when a musician dies, even if it's someone I wasn't a big fan of...I never really liked Frank Sinatra, but it effected me when he died...I picked up a tape of his afterwords, and really got into "My Way", and I still love the tune to this day....I"m always made sad by this...Kurt Kobain, Jerry Garcia...I sat and played their songs on my guitar all choked up...

I think a bigger deal could have been made of George Harrison's death...I don'r remember seeing much, unless I missed it...I don't look foreword to the passing of Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, Jimmy Page, etc. ...I hope I die first...

Anonymous said...

Oh yes...and also there is an excellent book with lots of cool info...check out http://www.naturalcures.com/ ...I picked it up thru amazon.com ...the powers that be have really slapped this guy around, so you know he's on to something... alot of ranting, but alot of good stuff too ...for instance, doctors in Germany have cured people of cancer with laughter alone...is it the best medicine???? If nothing else, it will burry the rage....