Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Women

I saw Angie for the first time in almost four months last week. We had a nice lunch and talked about things. I think I can finally accept being just a friend with her. I'm glad she's doing well with her life. I have to be realistic so I can get on with my life. Sandra, on the other hand, has been annoying me lately. She has a tendency to say whatever she is thinking and has insulted me subtly on a few occasions. I don't think she even realizes she is doing it. I don't want to make it a big deal, but it does bug me. I appreciate her candor on most things, but sometimes she has no tact. I think it is better to tell a white lie to protect someone's feelings than to spout off the unvarnished truth. I believe in complimenting people from time to time, so they will feel good about themselves. Sandra does not. I'm not expecting gushing praise, but I feel very vulnerable right now, having lost Angie. A nice word would be appreciated, but it's not Sandra's way. I am trying to accept her as she is. She has admitted to me that people find her abrupt, and says she doesn't care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... i'll bet the gushing praise felt like niagara falls ... and that there was so damned much of it you had to swallow just to keep from choking ...