Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Giving Thanks

It is the day before Thanksgiving. I will get an early start by recognizing what I have to be thankful for. I am 47 years old today. I am thankful I made it this far. The last couple years have been among the roughest of my life. I am overcoming deep depression and a drug addiction. I lost my longtime girlfriend of almost ten years, whom I loved very much. I still love her, but I am over the worst. It was either adjust and get on with my life or give in to the beast. I do not want to die. I am thankful to live in the greatest country in the world. I am thankful for my family. Without them, I would be on the street. I am thankful for my true friends, Chris and Roy. I have known them since high school, and they have always been there for me. (Even though we are politically on different planets!) I am thankful for my health, such as it is. I am diabetic, and have high blood pressure due to my weight, but I am constantly struggling to lose the pounds and be healthier. I am thankful I have learned not to be so hard on myself. I am thankful for all of you, too. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yesss... I'm checking in at work so I'm not logged in ... the thanks are appreciated, and mutual ... as for the politics, I think it's healthy to paddle on both sides of the kayak ... that way we can move foreword, and not get sucked into a wirlpool paddling one side too hard (and we definitely keep both sides paddling!!!) Have a 'gooooooooooood!' Thanksgiving!!! - Chris