Monday, August 07, 2006

Maine Man

I'm writing this from my cousin Jimmy's computer in East Millinocket, Maine. We are staying with him and his wife Pat. I haven't been here (at Jimmy's) in almost thirty years. My brother Tom and I arrived in Maine on Saturday after flying from Phoenix to Providence, R.I. We rented a car, and drove to Bedford, Mass. Friday night. My dad was stationed at Hanscom A.F.B. there in the early 1960's. We then met Tom's friend Bob there, stayed overnight, and drove up Route 1 to Maine on Saturday. We had to switch to Interstate 95 because the traffic was so bad! All those pesky tourists "from away". Oh yeah, now I'm one of them! The weather here has been mostly fabulous. Up until today it was sunny. Today was partly cloudy, until this evening when we had a thunderstorm. It's supposed to get nice again tomorrow when we head back to Bangor. We're going on to Bar Harbor tomorrow, and to see friends the rest of the week. Then it's back to Arizona on Saturday. I'm having fun, but I wish Mom was here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now