Saturday, November 25, 2006

Black Friday

I got some Best Buy gift cards for my birthday, (thanks to my brother Tom), so he and I got up early Friday morning at 5 A.M. and went there. Some people had waited in line since the day before to grab up the bargains. We got at the end of a very long line and waited. The store had opened at five and it was now 5:30, so I didn't expect to get what I came for. Nothing fancy; just some DVDs that were super cheap. While waiting I talked to a woman next to me. I asked where she was from. She said she had lived in different places including Maine. "Where in Maine?", I asked. She said the Bangor area. That's where I grew up! What a small world it can be. Anyway, the line moved rather quickly and we got in the store in a few minutes. I found and grabbed pretty much everything I wanted and so did Tom. It took about an hour to check out, so we talked to those around us. Everyone seemed to take the wait in stride. All in all, it was a pretty good experience...

No comments: