Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Changes

What's new: I had a nice lunch with my ex Angie yesterday. She brought along her sister's 2-year-old daughter, Celeste. Celeste is a brain damaged victim of child abuse, possibly at the hands of her mother and/or father. No one was ever charged due to "lack of evidence." Incredible. Arizona has a very bad record of state mismanagement of child abuse cases. This is a prime example. Angie's sister Jessica is very unstable and a drug user who is enabled by her grandmother. Celeste is a beautiful adorable little girl, and it pains me greatly to think somebody could harm her. Angie, after taking care of Celeste when her mother is off on her binges, is finally within range of finalizing the adoption of this precious child. She only needs her sister's and the father's signatures. I hope this time the mother realizes it's in the kid's best interest to give her up. Jessica has three other children from at least two other men, children she uses as pawns to get welfare and family money to live her sleazy lifestyle. She even left the kids at daycare once without telling anyone so she could run off and do drugs. The family, except for Angie, doesn't believe there is a problem. How sad. In other news, Sandra and I are friends again after a six month hiatus. I ran into her by chance a couple of weeks ago, and called her. I guess it's fate that we are friends. Finally, my mom will not be going to Maine next week after all. She is 82, and is just not up to it. I would feel bad if she did go and then became ill because of stress and travel. So I guess it's just as well...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to check out my nephew's pizza restaurant .. Disalvo's .. South Main Street in Brewer, just before Peppino's .. awesome Zzza's and Philly Cheese Steaks .. major munchies ..