Monday, November 24, 2008

Axl's Back!

I've just listened to the new Guns n' Roses CD, Chinese Democracy. It was worth the fifteen or sixteen year wait. I forget how long it's been. I tried in vain to find filler on the album. Every song is great. A lot has been written about Axl Rose since he undertook this effort, much of it negative. It seemed like it would never see the light of day. I think Rose had his reasons for waiting so long to release the CD. It may have not been humanly or technologically possible to put this sound on record until now. It's that good. Personally, I think Axl Rose is a genius. Chinese Democracy is a blisteringly good rock n' roll experience, an instant classic. It really shows the craft and love that went into it. Guns n' Roses Lives! Even without most of the other original members...

No comments: