Thursday, April 07, 2005

Life Is Strange

Back in 1997, I worked for a company that outsourced directory assistance for companies like AT&T. My first day there I met a young woman I liked right away. Her name was Allana. She smiled and asked me if I got a job there. I thought she seemed like a person who had a lot going for her. She was pretty in a girl next door kind of way. She had a bubbly personality. She was outgoing and popular.
Yesterday I found out from an old friend that Allana died in 2002.
She committed suicide.
I cried last night for a person I never really knew well, but wanted to.
I cried for her humanity and for her potential which will never be realized.
I cried for the people she left behind who loved her.
I cried for me, because my good memories of her have forever changed with the sad news.

1 comment:

Cori said...

Oh, wow! I am so sorry! I've lost friends from suicide too... it's so hard to understand!