Monday, May 28, 2007

Rough Around The Edges

I've had some anxiety and stress lately. I don't know where it comes from, but I start feeling edgy and out-of-sorts for awhile. It culminated in a shouting match with my older brother and sister on Saturday. Afterward my brother and I had a talk. He is a great and understanding person. I apologized to him and my sister. I know this behavior is tied to my bipolar condition. I think I am getting better at managing it, but stuff happens sometimes. At least I am very aware of the events leading up to my bumpy periods and hope to avoid the self-medication I used to do to smooth my mind out. It only leads to more stress and heartache afterwards. It is also good that my family is getting much better at seeing the signs and understanding them.

No comments: